An Empath is a person who has the ability to feel and share other people’s feelings and pains. Empaths are very sensitive to their surroundings, what they eat, and who they are around. Naturally, Empaths are kind, good-hearted, spiritually attuned, and excellent listeners.
Are you an Empath?
- You know stuff without being told
- Public places, like malls or busy grocery shops, can be overwhelming
- You feel others emotions and pains by taking them on as your own
- Seeing violence, cruelty, bullying is unbearable.
- You know when someone is lying to you
- You pick up physical symptoms off of other people such as colds, body aches, headaches, pains, etc.
- You have digestive disorders or lower back pains.
- You are always looking out for the underdog. Anyone whose suffering, in emotional pain or being bullied draws your attention.
- Others will always want to unload problems on you, even strangers.
- You are a good listener.
- You are constantly tired and drained of energy.
- You are drawn to healing, holistic therapies, and all things metaphysical.
- You have a creative streak and a vivid imagination.
- You have a love for nature and animals. You find yourself constantly outside connecting with animals and seeking refuge in nature.
- You need lots of alone time or you will go crazy.
- You get bored or easily distracted if not stimulated.
- You find it impossible participate in things you do not enjoy.
- You strive for truth and honesty
- You are always looking for answer and knowledge. You always are found with you nose in a book.
- You like adventure, freedom, and traveling.
- You have a messy room, desk, locker, etc.
- You constantly and seem to be in your own little world.
- You find rules, routine, and control imprisoning.
- You find yourself prone to gaining weight without necessarily overeating
- You are able to sense the energy of food and often do not eat meat from an animal that was mistreated.
- You have been labeled as overly emotional or too sensitive.
- Your feelings are hurt easily.
- Animals and children take a natural liking to you.
- You are fairly quiet especially in crowds.
If you answered yes to all or most of these you are definitely an empath.
Ways to cope with Empathy:
- Allow yourself to have lots of quiet time without electronics. Curl up with a book and put on soothing music instead.
- Take time out of your day to sit in nature
- Pet a dog, cat, horse, rabbit, etc.
- If crowds are overwhelming, eat a high-protein meal beforehand (this grounds you) and sit in the far corner, not dead center.
- Ground yourself
- Cleanse your space, aura, and chakras of negative energy
- Practise breathing exercises
- Carry or wear protective crystals
- Develop a energy shield for your body
Crystals for Empaths:
- Rose quartz – Helps push away negativity, provides a bit of extra energy, excellent for grounding.
- Black tourmaline – Protects from negative energy.
- Amethyst – Helps to heighten and sharpen an empath’s intuition.
- Lepidolite – Eases any anxieties empaths have when around other people. This crystal is well known for its power, peace, and its ability to promote luck, love, and sleep.
- Malachite – Removes emotional blockages and helps calm when you are in a stressful situation. Absorbs any negative feeling you might hold inside of you.
- Amazonite – Helps balance emotions.
- Citrine – Repels negative energy. Relieves depression and mood swings. Opens the mind to new thoughts, helps with dream recall, and increases self esteem.
- Obsidian – Repels negative energy, grounds you, and balances emotions.
- Aqua Aura Quartz – Deflects and traps harmful energies.
Essential Oils for Empaths:
- Basil – Lifts fatigue, anxiety, and depression.
- Frankincense – Has an uplifting effect, prevents people from draining energy, helps your concentration, and clears mind clutter.
- Geranium – Uplifting, decreases anxiety and nervous tension.
- Jasmine – Mood enhancer, balances emotions, boosts self-esteem and lifts anxiety and depression.
- Lavender – Balances emotions, relaxes body and mind, and clears negative energy.
- Marjoram – Calms emotional trauma
- Rose – Mood enhancer.
- Sage – Uplifting, grounding, relaxing, prevents people from draining energy, and good for anxiety.
- Vetiver – Calms nerves.
- Ylang-Ylang – Relaxes and good for anxiety.
Resources: Christel Broederlow, drjudithorloff.com, davidwolfe.com, dayinthelifeofanempth.blogspot.ca, theknowing1.wordpress.com, eathanlazzerini.com
Comment if you are an empath and a way you cope as an empath. Let’s see how many empaths are out there!
May the moon light your path!